McNair Medical believes in harnessing the power of science to transform the future. We bring a uniquely thoughtful approach to accelerating medicine, improving outcomes and finding cures. McNair Medical ambitiously supports the development of scientific and entrepreneurial solutions for those who suffer from chronic disease.
We invest in early disease detection and prevention, cancer immunotherapy, medical solutions for managing Type 1 diabetes and neuromodulation therapies.
McNair Medical is committed to advancing science to improve the standard of care in medicine.
Meet the Team
Chairman & CEO
- Chairman of the Board, Invectys Inc.
- Director, GlySens Inc.
- Director, Xcath Inc.
- Prior Director, ColubrisMX Inc., Xeris Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Goodwill Industries of Houston
- 13 years accelerating business growth and value at McNair Interests
- 40 years in real estate and business development
- University of Texas at Austin (BBA)
- Southern Methodist University (MBA)
Dr. Jake Kushner
- 21 years as a practicing physician
- Previously, Chief of Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital
- 10 years pharmaceutical and biotech consulting
- 3 years evaluating life science investments
- McNair Scholar 2011-2017
- University of California Berkeley
- Albany Medical College (MD)
- Brown University (Pediatric Residency)
- Boston Children’s (Endocrine Fellowship)
- Harvard University (Research Fellowship)
- University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine (Assistant Professorship)
Senior Vice President Investments
- Director, imaware™ Inc.
- Director, Dominion Aesthetic Technologies Inc.
- Director, Oseberg, Inc.
- Director, Camp Aranzazu
- 20 years private equity and venture capital experience
- 10+ years evaluating life science investments
- Vanderbilt University (BA)
- University of Texas (MBA)